Have you ever asked yourself the question ”can i make sushi at home”? Well, now you can certainly answer yes. Although there are special techniques that expert sushi chefs use, there are actually simple steps you can follow to make your own unique and tasty sushi.
- Imagine the type of Sushi you would Like. If you have been to many Japanese restaurants, I am sure you have seen the different types of sushi that chefs make and how creative they can be with the finished product. You could also do this. Try to be creative with your sushi. Don’t limit yourself to what you see in restaurants. Being creative when making sushi is as fun as eating it.
- Gather the tools needed. It could be that you don’t have the same equipment that sushi chefs use. You don’t have to worry about this as you can make use of whatever you have at home as an alternative.
All you need are the basic tools, like a really sharp knife, wooden spoon or rice paddle, a rice rolling mat and bowls or a colander. Be resourceful when making up for what you lack.
- Ingredients. A big part of what makes sushi very tasty are the ingredients used. Makesure to choose fresh and the best quality rice, fish and seaweed wrap. You can mix and match certain colors of fish and seafood, as well as the color of your rice. You can also add extra ingredients into the mix, aside from the basic ones. Again, you can be creative with the kind of finished product you desire.
- Preparation and Assembly. The thing about sushi is that you have to prepare the different ingredients first, then combine them into one or ‘wrap’ them into one. So you will have to prepare the rice, vinegar mixture, the vegetables and then the fish.
- Combine. After everything has been prepared, it is now time for the rolling part. Place all finished ingredients onto the mat then start rolling. Make sure that the shape of the roll is retained as you roll otherwise your finished product will not look like rolled up sushi.
After you have done all this, it is time for the best part. Now you get to taste your finished dish. We are pretty sure it’s going to taste like world class sushi.