Sushi is one of the most popular Asian delicacies. You can find it in your favorite
Japanese restaurant, like Kyoto palace, which serves the best sushi in town. If you are curious about making your own sushi, you could follow some of the recipes that we have.
These are easy recipes and are perfect if this is your first time making sushi.
First you will need to make the sushi rice. For this you must choose the right kind of rice and conveniently enough, there is a perfect type of rice for sushi. This is called Shari and it is what sushi chefs use.
The next step is to measure the amount of rice you will need. One cup is equal to three rolls. Always wash the rice before cooking it and once it’s done add your seasoning. Now your sushi rice is ready.
This is perhaps the easiest sushi recipe you will ever make. All you have to do is buy your inarizushi bags, which you can find at almost all supermarkets. They are already seasoned so you don’t have to worry.
Another option would be to buy the unseasoned bags which you will need to season and cook. Then just stuff them with the sushi rice you’ve made and they are ready to eat. That simple.
You will need a sushi mat, nori, crab meat, avocado and cucumber. All these can be found in your local grocery store.
First thing to do is prepare the nori mat by cutting it into a 5×7 inch sheet. Next is to wrap your bamboo mat in plastic wrap. Before putting the rice on the nori sheet, make sure you measure it according to your desired size so that the rolls are consistent.
Then spread the rice over the nori sheet so that it covers all four edges. Once spread, flip the nori sheet so that it is now on top. Now, layer the pieces of crab meat and cucumber, roll, slice, then serve.
Smoked Salmon Sushi
For this recipe, you will need 2 sushi rolls, 2/3 cup sushi rice, 150g smoked salmon, 1 nori sheet and one avocado.
- Using plastic wrap, wrap your bamboo mat.
- Break the nori sheet in half. Place one half on top of the bamboo mat, with the shiny side facing down.
- Place a portion of the ready made sushi rice on top of the nori mat.
- Flip the nori so that the rice is now facing down.
- Place chunks of smoked salmon, about 75g, on top of the nori sheet.
- Make 12 inch slices of avocado and place it on top of the salmon.
- Roll inside out.
- After rolling, cut into equalsize pieces. Serve.
- Cook the rice after rinsing well. Bring to the boil then reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 25 minutes or until all the water is absorbed. Remove from the heat and let it stand for about 10 minutes.
- Place the rice on a flat surface to cool. While it continues to cool down, apply the mirin and allow it to cool to room temperature.
- Place a sheet of seaweed on a bamboo mat. Place the rice on top of the seaweed until all corners are covered.
- Add a little bit of wasabi, then the slices of tuna and cucumber. Roll up the mat and make sure that the entire roll is even.