Caught and consumed around the world, fish represent a staple of countless diets. Helping billions of people get the nutrients they need, fish consumption frequently comes under fire because of over-fishing and concerns about possible toxins in the fish.
Let’s take a moment to examine all of this and review the benefits of fish.
The Role Of Fish In Life
People have consumed fish far longer then there has been a written history. With some of the oldest settlements located along waterways where fish would have provided a source of food, people gain a number of benefits from eating fish. While the diversity of food in our diets means that we no longer have to eat fish, it can still be a good idea to eat fish as a part of staying healthy.
Is Fish Good Or Bad For You?
Fish is decidedly good for you. They are a fantastic source of healthy fats, protein, and can be quite nutritious. The main opposition to fish is that depending on where the fish are taken from and the treatment process, the fish may be exposed to harmful chemicals that can be passed on to you.
While the fish itself is not harmful, what the fish brings with it from its native habitat might be, causing many to swear off fish. That being said, as long as the fish are coming from a safe environment then they are more than healthy to eat.
7 Reasons Why You Should Put Fish In Your Diet
- Healthy For You: As stated above, fish are an excellent source of healthy fats and various other nutritious things that are good for you.
- Decreases Your Chances Of Getting Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Improved Health: Eating fish has been tied to several studies tracking life expectancy in populations, showing a connection between eating fish and living longer.
- Decreases Asthma Chance: There is a correlational connection between eating fish and decreasing the chance that kids will get asthma when growing up.
- Great For Skin Look: A diet with fish means consuming an oil that is great for your skin.
- Great For Skin Health: Fish have nutrients that help reduce free radicals, lowering the chance of things like skin cancer.
- Pregnancy Aid: Consuming fish has been shown in some studies to improve sperm potency and virility.
As you can see, the benefits of fish just keep coming. Add fish to your diet and live a healthier and happier life.